Fall 2020/ January 2021

We share in your disappointment that the impacts of COVID-19 are still affecting us all, and in such a profound way. It is clear that the fight against COVID is not yet over. Please stay safe, stay healthy, practice self-care, and support one another. We are in this together! 

UCEAP-Reciprocity Team 

Instructors will be using a variety of platforms to deliver online learning.  We recommend that you contact your instructor to confirm you have the appropriate tools to access the class and that conditions will allow you to enroll/remain enrolled in the class.

Here are a few suggestions:

  • Investigate enrollment in courses that are offered at a time that works for you.  
  • Contact the instructor so that they understand your challenges.  It may take time for instructors to respond or there may not be a response due to volume of messages but reaching out will highlight the issues you are facing and can promote change.
  • Be flexible and patient since instruction could change/evolve.  

If you plan to take UC online courses to receive a UC transcript for your work, do NOT withdraw from the Exchange. You can be a UC student no matter where you are, but you need to make sure that we know your plans so that we can keep your UC enrollment active. will take UC classes online. 

No. To access online courses at UC you must be enrolled. There is no provision for informal auditing of courses or access to online material if you are not an enrolled student through UCEAP.

Maybe. All students taking UC courses must document enrollment in insurance coverage that meets the UC SHIP waiver requirements. UC campuses understand that you may be living in a different place and welcome your submission of a waiver request based on your new living situation and policy information. Check your host UC webpages for waiver deadlines and contact insurance staff directly if you have questions.

Follow the instructions that you receive from your host UC and respond to any address request you receive. Each UC may have a different way for you to provide address information to meet any address requirements either through update of your student profile or directly with the international students and scholars’ office. 

Yes. At the end of your UCEAP program, we will send a transcript to your home university that shows all the work that you completed while at UC.