BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT UC Davis
UCEAP Reciprocity Information
Visa & Immigration Information
International House special events and resources
- Housing is not guaranteed.
- Rental agreement last through the end of the academic year (June). If you leave your housing before the end of the agreement, you may be subject to a cancellation fee. Check all terms and conditions.
- If you apply for more than one housing option, accept only one. You will be financially responsible for all agreements you accept.
Privatized Campus Apartments (UC-Affiliated Housing)
Residence Halls and University Apartments (UC Housing)
To add your name to the housing waitlist, send an email to campus housing:
- Provide your name, UC Davis student ID number, and contact information.
- Identify yourself as an UCEAP student in the text of your message.
- Include your name and "UCEAP Wait List" in the subject line of your message.
Notification: Offers are made based on available space.
Fall: begins late summer
Winter: begins late October
NOTE: First year students receive priority placement in campus housing. After this priority group is housed, more advanced students can be placed. You are encouraged to simultaneously research other housing options.
Cooperatives (UC Housing)
Community Housing (Non-UC Housing)
ASUCD Student Housing Office
Explore ASUCD housing listings.
Sign up for the SISS Bulletin to receive weekly lists of available housing and items for sale.
California Housing Board
We strongly urge you to purchase airline tickets AFTER you have obtained your visa and confirmed travel conditions to the US from your home country. When you do purchase a ticket, purchase a refundable/changable ticket.
When should I arrive?
No later than
- Fall: September 15, 2019
- Winter: January 5, 2020
No earlier than
- Fall: August 22, 2020
- Winter: early-December 2020 (date to be announced)
You may arrive no more than 30 days prior to the start date printed on your visa certificate of eligibility (DS-2019).
Start Date on Certificate of Eligibility (DS-2019)
- Fall: September 21, 2020
- Winter: early-January 2021 (date to be announced)
Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS)
Fall: September 21, 2020
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Winter: early-January 2021 (date to be announced)
Fee: $95 (subject to change) will be billed to your UC Davis account; Orientation includes refreshments.
Check-in: Complete check-in within one week of receipt of your check-in email. See the list of documents you must provide.
Campus Housing Move-In Date
Your move-in date is determined by your room assignment.
Temporary Accommodation Information (Non-UC Housing)
Transportation to Campus
- Department links
- Class schedule
- Course catalog
- Schedule Builder
- Enrollment calendar
Enrolling in Classes
- Check Schedule Builder to view your individual course enrollment appointment pass times beginning:
- Fall: May 4, 2020
- Winter: November 1, 2020
- Pass times:
- Pass 1: Enrollment limit is 17 units.
- Fall: May 11 to May 23, 2020
- Winter: November 8 to 19, 2020
- Pass 2: Enrollment limit is 19 units. You may wait list courses. Drop unwanted courses before adding new courses.
- Fall: August 24 to September 4, 2020
- Winter: November 22 to December 3, 2020
- Pass 1: Enrollment limit is 17 units.
- Open registration:
- Fall: May 23 to June 5, 2020 and September 7 to September 14, 2020
- Winter: November 20 to November 21, 2020 and December 4 to December 14, 2020
- Open Registration Hours: Enroll Monday - Friday from 6:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m., Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. No appointment necessary.
- Registration Freeze:
- Fall: September 15 to September 18, 2020
- Winter: December 15 to December 18, 2020
- Schedule adjustment period:
- Fall: September 18 to November 3, 2020
- Winter: December 18, 2020 to February 8, 2021
- Prerequisite check
- Schedule Builder will check to see if you have completed the required prerequisites for all courses. Instructors will remove you from the class if you cannot demonstrate completion of course prerequisites. Contact an advisor if you have questions about whether or not you meet the prerequisites for a course.
- Schedule Builder: How to Enroll in Courses video
- Pass Times, Waitlists and Holds video
- Undergraduate Advisor Contact Information
Graduate students usually register after consultation with the department’s graduate advisor. Check with your host department for registration advising.
Check your account regularly to pay your fees and avoid late fees.
- Log-in to access your dashboard: Student Information System (SISWeb)
- Financial information is available online. MyBill
- International Student Orientation Fee: $95 will be billed to your UC Davis account; Orientation includes refreshments.
- Health Insurance Fees: Fees will be billed to your account each quarter. See Health Insurance & Requirements information.
2020-2021 costs and information are listed below.
Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
You will automatically be enrolled in your host university health insurance plan. No action is required.
- Undergraduates: $904 each quarter
- Graduates: $1,708 each quarter
- Fall : September 15, 2020
- Winter : December 15, 2020
- Spring: March 15, 2021
- Fall: September 21, 2020 - January 3, 2021
- Winter: January 4, 2021 - March 24, 2021
- Spring/Summer*: March 25, 2021 - September 13, 2021
*If you are a registered student during Spring quarter, your spring SHIP fee provides coverage through the end of Summer.
Immunizations and TB Screening
- Fall: Prior to arrival on campus
- Winter: Winter 2021- To be announced
To waive SHIP, you must apply for waiver by submitting documentation of comparable health insurance. Waiver must be approved by your host UC.
- Waiver information
- Waiver criteria
- Glossary of insurance terms
- Information for International Students
|Waiver applies to quarter terms|
|September 1, 2020||Fall, Winter, Spring quarters|
|December 1, 2020||Winter and Spring quarters only|
|March 1, 2021||Spring quarter only|