BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT UC LOS ANGELES
UCEAP Reciprocity Information
International Education Office (IEO)
1332 Murphy Hall
Contact your advisor (by country)
Visa and Immigration Information
- Housing is not guaranteed.
- Rental agreement last through the end of the academic year (June). If you leave your housing before the end of the agreement, you may be subject to a cancellation fee. Check all terms and conditions.
- If you apply for more than one housing option, accept only one. You will be financially responsible for all agreements you accept.
University Residence Halls and Apartments (UC Housing)
- Fall: June 1
- Winter: Apply as soon as you receive your UCLA student ID number.
Notes: Students admitted as undergraduate students, select "transfer-level" housing. Consider giving priority to apartment living when ranking your choices. Few singles are available.
Student Cooperative Housing (UC Affiliated Housing)
Application Deadline: No deadline but early application is encouraged. You will be added to the waitlist and placed as space becomes available.
Notes: Identify yourself as a UCEAP Reciprocity student to benefit from priority status on the placement waitlist.
Community Housing (Non-UC Housing)
California Housing Board
We strongly urge you to purchase airline tickets AFTER you have obtained your visa and confirmed travel conditions to the US from your home country. When you do purchase a ticket, purchase a refundable/changable ticket.
When should I arrive?
No later than
- Fall: late-September 2020 (date to be announced)
- Winter: early-January 2021 (date to be announced)
No earlier than
- Fall: August 29, 2020
- Winter: December 5, 2021
You may arrive no more than 30 days prior to the start date printed on your visa certificate of eligibility (DS-2019).
Start Date on Certificate of Eligibility (DS-2019)
- Fall: September 28, 2020
- Winter: January 4, 2021
Dashew Center for International Students and Scholars (DCISS) and International Education Office (IEO)
Fall: late September 2020 (date to be announced)
Winter: early-January 2020 (date to be announced)
Fee: $59 will be billed to your UCLA account.
DCISS Visa Check-in
Complete on-line check-in by the end of week two of the term.
Housing Move-In Dates
Campus Housing Move-In Dates: Dates vary with housing assignment.
Residents will receive an email directing them to access the Move-In Reservation System.
Temporary Accommodation (Non-UC Housing)
Ground Transport to Campus
- Department links
- Class schedule
- Course catalog
- Enrollment FAQ
- Prerequisite clearance request form
About ID Numbers at UC Los Angeles
Students must have their UCLA Logon ID and password to enroll in MyUCLA.
Registering for Classes
Enrolling in Classes
- View your appointment time in MyUCLA. All times are California time. Check for the corresponding time in your location.
- Pass Times begin July 7, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. PST
- Space in class fills quickly so be prepared to enroll as soon as your pass time begins.
- Enrollment appointments are located under the CLASSES tab. Select Enrollments, then select Enrollment Appointment
If the MyUCLA enrollment system indicates that a code/permission to enroll is required:
- Locate the course in the Schedule of Classes
- Consult the course description in the General Catalog to determine that you meet all course prerequisites
- E-mail the academic advisor or instructor to request permission to enroll (consult the listing of department webpages for the undergraduate department advisor contact information).
- Include information about your academic preparation for any course prerequisites using the prerequisite clearance request form.
Advising pages for:
Graduate students usually register after consultation with the department’s graduate advisor. Check with your host department for registration advising.
Check your account regularly to pay your fees and avoid late fees.
- International Student Orientation fee: $59 will be billed to your UCLA account.
- Registrar's Document fee: $50 one-time fee (subject to change) that provides lifetime access to official transcripts and academic verifications. In addition students are no longer charged for incomplete grade removals.
- Health Insurance Fees: Fees will be billed to your account each quarter. See Health Insurance and Services information.
2019-2020 costs and information are listed below.
Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
You will automatically be enrolled in your host university health insurance plan. No action is required.
- Undergraduates: $838.90 each quarter
- Graduates: $1,439.66 each quarter
- Fall: September 20, 2019
- Winter: December 20, 2019
- Spring: March 20, 2020
- Fall: September 23, 2019 - January 1, 2020
- Winter: January 2 - March 24, 2020
- Spring*: March 25 - September 27, 2020
* If you are a registered student during spring quarter or semester, your spring SHIP fee provides coverage through the end of summer.
Immunization and TB Screening
Health requirements and recommendations - Upload of documentation is not required for exchange students.
Complete the requirement prior to arrival at UC or through campus health services.
To waive SHIP, you must apply for waiver by submitting documentation of comparable health insurance. Waiver must be approved by your host UC.
- Fall: August 31, 2019
- Winter: January 3, 2020
- Spring: March 1, 2020