BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT UC IRVINE
- Housing is not guaranteed.
- Rental agreement last through the end of the academic year (June). If you leave your housing before the end of the agreement, you may be subject to a cancellation fee. Check all terms and conditions.
- If you apply for more than one housing option, accept only one. You will be financially responsible for all agreements you accept.
Campus Housing (UC-Housing)
- Undergraduate students under 25 years of age
- Undergraduate students 25 years of age or older
- Graduate students all ages
Fall: June 1
Winter: Join the wait list to receive the next available space.
NOTE: If you are an undergraduate student you do not need to submit the Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). The SIR has already been submitted for you.
Community Housing (Non-UC Housing)
California Housing Board
We strongly urge you to purchase airline tickets AFTER you have obtained your visa and confirmed travel conditions to the US from your home country. When you do purchase a ticket, purchase a refundable/changeable ticket.
When should I arrive?
No later than
- Fall: September 27, 2020 (not applicable)
- Winter: To be announced
No earlier than
- Fall: August 29, 2020 (not applicable)
- Winter: December 5, 2020
You may arrive no more than 30 days prior to the date printed on your visa certificate of eligibility (DS-2019).
Start Date on Certificate of Eligibility (DS-2019):
- Fall: September 28, 2020
- Winter: January 4, 2021
UCI Study Abroad Center (SAC)
Date: Monday, September 28, 2020, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Date: To be announced
Date: To be announced
International Center (IC)
Deadline: Complete within 3 days after arrival in the US.
Campus Housing Move-In Dates
Dates vary with housing assignment.
Temporary Accommodation Information
Ground Transport to Campus
- Department links
- Class schedule
- Course catalog
- WebReg Enroll online and check your enrollment time ("window").
- Browse class websites
- Enrollment calendar
- Prerequisite clearance request form
- Enrollment instructions
- UCInetID and password
Registering for Classes
Enrolling in Classes
Enrollment dates: Each student is assigned a 48-hour enrollment window. All times are California time.
- Fall: beginning June 8, 2020
- View your enrollment window in your WebReg account starting May 11, 2020.
- Winter: beginning November
- View your enrollment window in your WebReg account starting: November 16, 2020
- Open Enrollment: After your enrollment window closes, open enrollment times are 7:00 p.m. start date to 5:00 p.m. end date.
- Fall: Your start date through September 15, 2020. The system will reopen on September 18, 2020.
- Winter: Your start date through December 15, 2020. The system will reopen on December 20, 2020.
Graduate students usually register after consultation with the department’s graduate advisor. Check with your host department for registration advising.
Check your account regularly to pay your fees and avoid late fees.
Login-in to access your dashboard: Student Billing System (ZOT)
- eTech Fee: $4 per unit up to 15 unit (maximum of $60 per term). Fee will be billed to your student account in the third week of the term.
- Health Insurance Fees: Fees will be billed to your account each quarter. See Health Insurance and Services information.
2020-2021 costs and information are listed below.
Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
You will automatically be enrolled in your host university health insurance plan. No action is required.
- Undergraduates: $631.29 each quarter
- Graduates: $1,525.51 each quarter
Late payment fee $50 is assessed after:
- Fall: September 15, 2020
- Winter: December 15, 2020
- Spring: March 15, 2021
Classes will be dropped for payment after:
- Fall: October 23, 2020
- Winter: January 22, 2021
- Spring: April 16, 2021
- Fall: September 21, 2020 - January 3, 2021
- Winter: January 4, 2021 - March 23, 2021
- Spring/Summer: March 24, 2021 - September 19, 2021
Immunizations and TB Screening
- Fall: October 30, 2020
To waive SHIP, you must apply for waiver by submitting documentation of comparable health insurance. Waiver must be approved by your host UC.
Waiver for international students staying in their home country
- If you are denied a waiver, submit a waiver appeal explaining that you will remain in your home country and study remotely.
- Fall: August 3, 2020 - September 8, 2020
- Winter: November 2, 2020 - December 8, 2020